THIS WEB SITE COMPLIES WITH THE VOLUNTARY PRIVACY PRINCIPLES CONTAINED IN THE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSACTIONS ACT 25 OF 2002, (“ECT Act”).
By displaying our policy, Maurice Kerrigan Africa (Pty) Ltd (herein referred to as MK), has agreed to notify you of:
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through the website;
- Where the information is being collected;
- Cookies and how we use them;
- How the information is being used and whom we share it with;
- What choices are available to you regarding the collection, use and distribution of the information;
- The kind of procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under MK’s control;
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information you originally gave MK.
If you feel that MK is not abiding by its posted policy, you should first contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form (whether true or not) about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
How do we collect personal information?
Where practical we will collect personal information directly from you. Generally this will be collected by us when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our website.
We may request information about you when you book a programme or make enquires about programmes or other products and services; when you enter competitions, register for promotions; register for the learner management system; or when you request other information.
What personal information do we collect?
To gain the full advantage of MK’s services a user must register / login. The MK registration form will require you to give us certain information such as your name and email address. Additional information such as the province you reside in, your full name, address, including city, region and postal code, contact telephone number, and company details. Your primary phone number including the area code will also be required. In addition, the personal information that we require is needed to facilitate the programme/course attendance arrangements and bookings.
We are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of sensitive information. We will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information which is provided to us for use in accordance with this Policy, unless you tell us otherwise.
Where personal information (such as the user’s name, address, telephone number and email address) is submitted to the web site by the user (eg through sending an email) the following principles are observed in the handling of that information:
- This web site collects, processes and stores only such personal information regarding users as is necessary to provide the services offered. The specific purpose for which information is collected is apparent from the context in which it is requested;
- This web site will not use the personal information submitted for any purpose other than the efficient provision of services, including this web site, without obtaining the prior written approval of the user or unless required to do so by law;
- This web site will keep records of all personal information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of one year from the date on which it was last used;
- This web site will not disclose any personal information regarding a user to any third party unless the prior written agreement of the user is obtained or the web site is required or permitted to do so by law;
- If information is released with the user’s consent this web site will retain a record of the information released, the third party to whom it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of one year;
- This web site will destroy or delete any personal information which has become obsolete;
- Note that, as permitted by the ECT Act, this web site may use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
The more information we have about you the better we are able to provide you with the best possible service.
How do we use personal information?
We will use your personal information to provide you with course and programme related products and services.
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose such as any one or more of the following purposes:
- Submit to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
- Regulatory reporting and compliance;
- Developing, improving and marketing our products and services;
- Servicing our relationship with you by, among other things, providing updates on promotions and services we think may interest you or to involve you in market research;
- Internal accounting and administration;
- Where we engage third party contractors to perform services for us those third party contractors may be required to handle your personal information. Under these circumstances those third party contractors must safeguard this information and must only use it for the purposes for which it was supplied, although we are not responsible for ensuring this.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Trans-Border data flows
In providing our services to you it may be necessary for us to forward personal information to relevant overseas third party service providers. Please let us know if you have any objections to such transfers – email email@example.com.
Security of information
MK has implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. All information gathered is restricted to our offices.
Only employees who need information to perform certain tasks such as billing and resolving disputes have access to that specific information.
MK regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect information to the fullest extent possible. Our servers are hosted within a protected environment with access control and are password protected. While reasonable measures are taken to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to this site, MK cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by a user or users as a result of the intentional or accidental release of information by an employee of MK or any third party.
Access and correction of personal information Under the Act you have a right of access to the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please submit a Personal Data Access Request in writing to the address below.
Access and correction of personal information
Under the Act you have a right of access to the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please submit a Personal Data Request Access Request in writing to:
P O Box 233
Requests by telephone, fax, or email cannot be accepted.
In accordance with the Act, MK is not obliged to comply with your request unless the prescribed fee is paid, and sufficient security information is provided to establish the requestor’s identity, and locate the appropriate information.
Please enclose the following with your request:
- A postal order or cheque (made payable to Maurice Kerrigan Africa (Pty) Ltd for R10;
- A photocopy of your identity document, or any other official document upon which your signature is present;
- Details of any purchases you have made from MK;
- Details of any specific documents you require that contain your personal details (if known). You will receive acknowledgement of your request quoting the date by which you will receive your information pack.
Further correspondence regarding your request should only be made in writing to the Marketing Manager at the above address.
We may recover from you any additional reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information.
Should you no longer wish to receive information on promotions and services we think may be of interest to you or participate in market research, kindly advise us via firstname.lastname@example.org and insert the following into the Subject Line: Unsubcribe.
All our members will receive a welcoming email to verify their email. From time to time MK will send promotional emails regarding special offers as well as updates to the site; you the member have the choice of opting out of this service.
Cookies are small data files of information that are passed onto your browser and stored on to your computer’s hard drive. A cookie is used to recognise repeat visitors; it also allows you to log in for full access to World Pass services. Cookies are for your convenience and can be turned off using your computers browser. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to personally identify users.
In order to provide the best possible service, this web site uses standard technology to collect information about the use of this site. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows this web site to collect statistics. This web site utilises temporary or session cookies that collect the first level domain name of the internet user.
If necessary users can alter the manner in which their browser handles cookies.
MK is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites linked to www.mauricekerrigan.com. Please make sure that you read the privacy policies of sites that are linked to www.mauricekerrigan.com. The MK policy applies solely to information collected by this web site.
Changes to our policy
From time to time it may be necessary for us to review and revise this Policy. We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time, should this occur the amendment would be posted on our website.
Changing personal information
If a user no longer wishes to be a member, he/she has the option of cancelling his membership with us. This information will be deleted from our files and no more correspondence between MK and the member will be entered into. Email: email@example.com.
What about children?
Usage of MK services is only for people over the age of 18.
Remember keep your password in a safe place.
MK information collection and use
- MK will not sell or share any of the information collected on this site;
- MK is the sole owner of all this collected information.