Coaching courses: Coaching for Performance
Performance – the only option
In today’s business environment, team performance is everything – and as a manager, your success is almost completely dependent on your team’s performance. As a Leader-Manager, are you motivating your team to perform effectively? And if not, what and how can you do more?
If you’re an effective coach as well as a leader and manager, you’re able to inspire your team members to perform at higher levels – and in doing so, you’ll inspire your own personal greatness.
Why should a manager be a coach?
If you’re a junior manager, coaching training is important for several reasons. Firstly, we learn most by doing, and coaching leverages this by providing the right input and guidance. Secondly coaching also allows you to uncover excellence within your team, and develop it so that each of your employees becomes really good at what they do. At the same time, coaching training is important in order to uncover individual and team weaknesses – and then finding a way to compensate or correct these gaps. Finally, coaching not only realises the potential of your team members but also results in your own growth and personal development.
What will this coaching course teach you?
Our Coaching for Performance (level 1) coaching course is especially formulated for junior managers. Over three days, we’ll give you a comprehensive toolkit of coaching training containing the skills, action plans, philosophy and approach you need to unleash the performance potential of your team and yourself. You will learn key coaching skills and develop the personal qualities required to coach, including:
- The history, origins, concepts and definition of coaching and performance feedback;
- Understanding the role of the Leader-Manager as a coach;
- How to use questioning to get subordinates to think and problem solve themselves;
- Coach effectively during challenging performance situations;
- Give and receive supportive feedback.
We will coach you while you use the skills and techniques we impart to you, so that you personally experience the benefit and growth from their application. Using an action-based, experiential learning process, we’ll make sure you not only understand the theory, but are also equipped with a complete coaching process that you can apply as soon as you return to the workplace.
How is our coaching training different?
- It’s highly interactive, introspective and practical;
- Small groups of no more than 14 people mean you get individual attention and personalised feedback;
- Your facilitators are experienced coaches themselves who will impart their expertise to you through individual, competency-based coaching;
- After you complete the course, an accredited coach will be available for post-programme consulting and coaching to help you mark your progress.
Who should attend this course?
This coaching course is best suited to you if you are a team leader, supervisor or first-time junior manager. You’ll get benefit from the coaching training no matter which area you manage – whether it’s production, sales, consulting, logistics, finance, call centres, manufacturing, mining, administration, human resources or research and development.
- Programme duration: 3 days
- Prerequisites: none
- Group size: 12 – 14 participants
- Pre-work: none
Company SETA full accreditation number: 0595