Business Report Writing
Creating relevant and informative documents
The main purpose of a business report is to inform. To different businesses and circumstances, however, this can mean different things – it can be to give a progress update, provide a new perspective, or publicise a new opinion. Whatever the circumstance, business report writing always needs to be well structured and logically presented in order to achieve its objective.
With this in mind, how effective is your business report writing?
Our Business Report Writing course will help you develop the skills you need to write a clear, well structured business report that presents facts and findings in a logical way, with maximum impact. As part of this, we’ll help you become better at answering the following:
- Who are you writing the report for?
- Who will read it?
- What information will you need to include for the report to meet your reader’s requirements?
What will the course teach you?
Taking into account the varying styles and conventions that may be applied in your organisation, we’ll teach you the best practices of business report writing. We’ll also tailor our course to your specific report writing needs such as environmental impact studies or business reports. By the end of the course you’ll be able to:
- Identify which types of business reports to use and when;
- Clarify the report’s purpose and target market;
- Plan and structure your report properly – saving you time and improving the quality of the report;
- Implement best practices for introductions, summaries and conclusions;
- Use vocabulary and tone that’s appropriate to the business report context and to your audience;
- Edit, proofread and finalise your report efficiently.
Why should you attend our Business Report Writing course?
We have identified the four most valuable aspects of report writing, thanks to our extensive experience in training businesses and individuals:
- It’s highly practical – you’ll draft and edit business reports in class, which will allow you to apply and reinforce all that you’ve learned and retain those learnings;
- It’s personalised – set in a small group environment with no more than 14 participants, you’ll get highly personal feedback and support from your facilitator;
- It’s tailored – before you start the course, we’ll give you an assessment to check your current level of writing skills, so that we can see whether this course will be of the most benefit to you;
- It’s measurable – our post-programme assessment after the Business Report Writing course will give you measurable results so you can quantify the progress you’ve made and the skills you’ve gained.
Who should attend?
If you have a basic level of writing proficiency (we’ll test this beforehand in our pre-course assessment) and want to improve your report writing skills in a business context, this course is for you. Whether you need more experience in compiling reports, or are moving into a research position, or you just want to take your reports to the next level, this course will help you hone the report writing skills you need to excel within your organisation.
Want to improve your business report writing skills? Register now or download our programme to find out more about the course before you decide. Still not sure? Contact us.
- Programme duration: 2 days
- Group size: 12 – 14 participants
- Prerequisites: a score above 80% on our online Business Writing Assessment or attendance to our Effective Business Writing – Programme 1
- Pre-work: online pre-programme assessment
- Level: 4
- Credits: 6
- Company SETA full accreditation number: 0595